CATIA shapes the world we live in
CATIA is the world’s leading solution for product design and innovation. It is used by many organisations in multiple industries to develop the products we use in our everyday lives.
CATIA’s Engineering, Design and Systems Engineering applications are the heart of
Industry Solution Experiences from Dassault Systèmes to address specific industry needs. This revolutionises the way organisations conceive, develop and realise new products, delivering competitive edge through innovative customer experiences.
- Create any type of 3D part, from rough 3D sketches to fully detailed industrial assemblies.
- Unbreakable relational design - a new way to manage links between objects and related behaviours in configured assemblies.
- Smooth evolution from 2D- to 3D-based design methodologies.
- Productive and consistent drawing update removes the need for additional user operations.
- Process oriented tools capture the manufacturing process intent in the early stages of design.
- Wide range of applications for tooling design, for both generic tooling in addition to mold and die.
- Advanced technologies for mechanical surfacing, based on a powerful specification-driven modeling approach
- Industrial Design - CATIA is at the service of industrial designers and their creativity. Whether starting the 3D ideation from scratch or from 2D sketches, industrial designers can manipulate shapes with unrivalled freedom and take advantage of a true creativity accelerator to explore more ideas in the early conceptual phase.
- Advanced Surface Modeling - CATIA fully addresses the Automotive Class-A Shape Design process with a solution for surface refinement that integrates industry leading Integrated Computer-aided Engineering and Manufacturing (ICEM) surfacing technologies. By combining the V6 technology strengths, which include knowledge capture-and-reuse paradigm, it delivers a powerful and intuitive suite of tools for modeling, analysing and visualising aesthetic and ergonomic shapes for the highest Class-A surface quality.
Explore the disciplines
- Leverage a best-in-class model-based system development platform to accelerate the development and validation of complex systems and products
- Ensure compliance with market requirements and regulations while improving time-to-market and reducing costs through world-class requirements engineering
- Collaborate across all disciplines to define a complete systems architecture through multiple operational, functional and component views
- Verify the behaviour of complex products and systems, that span multiple engineering disciplines, through Modelica based modeling and simulation
- Integrate the embedded systems and 3D product design processes to leverage intelligent embedded systems in the 3DEXPERIENCE simulation of complex mechatronic products and systems
Explore the disciplines