- Mechatronics Engineer
- 12 months fixed term role
- Melbourne based
The Mechatronics Engineer will deploy, enhance and maintain automated systems for industrial production processes including electronic and computer control systems, such as Robots and NC Machine Tools.
- Assist with production and automation issues that may arise with existing equipment and processes.
- Guide and direct resources required to keep equipment and processes at an operational level.
- Identify and implement corrective actions.
- Input into the Manufacturing Strategy and development of automation
- Develop and implement initiatives to reduce cycle time and improve reliability of machines.
- Develop instruction manuals and run training sessions
- Provide timely support to production and where appropriate feed production issues back into product, tooling, interface and design process improvements.
- Participation in formal systems design, product, process and certification reviews.
- Tertiary Qualifications in Engineering (or similar) are essential.
- Experience in the design and support of automated production environments is desirable.
- Experience with robotic systems and machine tool production processes is desirable.
- Software development and cad / cam experience is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong mechanical background is desirable.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement principals and practices.
Candidates with the following experience would be highly considered:
- Maintain, manage and implement high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
- Apply advanced electronic control systems to Mechanical, Pneumatic and Electrical systems.
- Design layout of equipment, materials, and automated workspaces to illustrate maximum efficiency.
- Coordinate quality control objectives and activities to resolve production problems, maximize product reliability and minimize cost.
- Confers with vendors, staff and management personnel regarding purchases, procedures, product specifications, manufacturing capabilities and project status.
- Assist in the design and development of high-technology engineering systems for the automation of industrial tasks.
Interested candidates, please apply below of call us for a confidential discussion.